Monday, January 19, 2015

How I Started Hiking Nude

How I Started Hiking Nude

A couple of years ago, my wife and I were hanging around our place in the country. I practice the five Tibetan Rituals of Rejuvenation almost every day and usually in the nude out of doors. I also enjoy hiking on our wooded place and the trails that I have made throughout. I wondered if I could hike the trails unclothed and shared the the thought with my wife. So the first hike kind of turned into a dare. She went with me, fully clothed, and me naked except for shoes and a hat. 
Wow! I never expected the enjoyment and peace and lightness that this first hike brought, in between of course, the momentary frights of what if someone sees me, what if I run into someone, etc. Over time, those thoughts have disappeared as I realize that the property is mine, it is private, and if some body comes up, I will invite them to join me now whether they are clothed or not. What has not disappeared is the joy of hiking with the wind tickling the hair on my body, the sun warming me as the shade cools me as I pass through the beautiful God given forest. Now, I hike alone 99% of the time, but not really for it has turned into my prayer time. I speak often with my God and share my joys, concerns and revel in the peace that passes all understanding. 
I urge you to find a private place to be nude in the woods and make it a spiritual experience. We were born naked and we go out of this life with nothing as well. The Good Lord wants to hear from you and he is a lot easier to reach when you are naked in his house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment